Now that your pet is considered a senior citizen of the pet world we recommend a full health check every 6 months. The aim of these additional health checks is to ensure that any new aliments are identified early allowing more rapid intervention and better long-term outcomes.
A senior wellness examination includes collecting a thorough patient history, full physical examination, nutritional advice, treatment recommendations and discussion on what signs to be on the look for. We also recommend an annual blood and urine screen to assess your pet’s internal organ function.
Common conditions associated with aging include:
- Arthritis and mobility issues
- Heart disease
- Liver and kidney disease
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Cognitive dysfunction (dementia)
In-Home Palliative Care Consult Follow-Up
Senior Pet Wellness Examination
Veterinary visit with one of our Fear Free Certified Veterinarians, patient history including relevant medical history, preventative medicine advice, physical examination, patient assessment, personalised nutritional recommendations, advice on any appropriate supplements and recommendations for monitoring your pet’s internal organ function.
Booking a Senior Pet Wellness Examination
We have two ways to book appointments:
1. You may call or text 02 9086 9130 to request an appointment. As you can understand if we are with a patient we are unable to answer calls but will get back to you as promptly as we can.
2. Book an appointment online. If you are unable to find a time with our online booking system please give us a call as will do our best to find a time that is suitable.
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 6pm
Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday & Public Holidays Closed
In-home euthanasia services run outside of opening hours by appointment only