We have created the culture that we always wanted. A culture where being overworked is not revered. A culture that understands you need time to build relationships with clients and problem solve your cases. A culture where 30-minute consults are the norm. A culture where our lifestyle is important and your family matters.
Rouse Hill Family Vets is a veterinary hospital located in Sydney’s West focusing on changing the industry for the better. We consist of 2 vets and multiple support staff. Read more about our team here.
We are a forever-growing wolf pack, if you think you would make a good addition to our pack please apply below.
At this time we are unfortunately not accepting school or Tafe work experience students.
Behaviour Vet Opportunity
We have always had a special interest in behaviour and being fear free qualified is a requirement for all our staff. We would love to implement behaviour consultations in our clinic services to ensure our patients’ ongoing emotional needs are met not just inside the clinic but at home also.
Behaviour Focused Vet Position
- Ideal for a veterinarian with a passion for behavioural medicine
- Combine general practice work with being proactive about reducing fear, anxiety, and stress associated with veterinary visits
- Practice high-quality veterinary care, without compromising the emotional well-being of your patients
- Room to grow your behavioural medicine skills and offer a unique in-clinic experience
- Know that you have the support of your fellow veterinarians and veterinary nursing team who will not only encourage but also expect that we provide a stress-free environment for our patients.
- Help us to be at the forefront of balancing the emotional and physical well-being of our patients, our clients, and our team.
- Minimum 12 hours per week (over 2 days), up to 38 hours per week if desired
This role is ideal for a veterinarian who has a keen interest in behavioural medicine and wants to provide a fear free environment for your patients. It will involve both general practitioner work as well as behavioural cases.
We are regularly sought out by clients from all over North-Western Sydney to provide care for patients who are anxious with veterinary care. In the short time we have been open (2 years), we have created an excellent reputation amongst our clients and Sydney-based veterinary behaviourists. Most clients find us through word of mouth.
We would encourage you to build up your own clientele and give you the time needed for appropriate behavioural case workups. This role would be a split between routine veterinary work and behavioural cases with a rough 50:50 split however you will be able to provide input into what the role should look like.
- Veterinary degree registrable in NSW, Australia
- Fear Free Certified (preferred)
- 3+ years experience as a veterinarian
- Further education in behavioural medicine preferred (enrolled in or completed)
- MANZCVS Veterinary Behaviour
- Veterinary Behavioural Medicine Course
Remuneration: $110,000 – $140,000 PA + super pro-rata for part-time, commensurate with experience, expertise and skills
4 weeks annual leave + 1 week paid study leave
No weekend work required
Sounds too good to be true? We promise you it isn’t. We understand in order to run a successful business you must care about your staff and invest in them.
If you think you would make a great addition to our team please email your resume through to Belinda@rousehillfamilyvets.com.au (we are also looking for GP vets so if behaviour is not on your radar please feel free to apply for our vet position).
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 6pm
Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday & Public Holidays Closed
In-home euthanasia services run outside of opening hours by appointment only